Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wha......?

This week has been just crazy go nuts! 
Crazy.
That's the word that most sums of the feels right now. 
If I was going to say out loud the feelings of this past week it would be.  *inhale "Crazy........wha??".  Yeah...definitely a "Wha?"  would be in there too.  Maybe some shuddering and some sniffling.   Today went appropriately under the theme of "Crazy......wha??"  As we had callbacks this afternoon.  
"Callback(s)" did you say ellesse?
Yes, Callback's, plural.  The SUU college of Performing & Visual Arts had the brilliant idea to hold their callbacks for next semester's main stage shows, Chekhov's The Seagull and our musical, The Wizard of Oz.  We had auditions just the end of this last week, Wizard's on Thursday required 16-bars and I sang "Many a New Day" from Oklahoma.  Seagull's auditions were the next day and I performed one of my favorite monologues, Meg from Eugene O'Neill's The Web.  I felt really good about both auditions, they must have been good for the most part since i made callbacks, but they were interesting.  When I starting singing, for example, in Peter Sham's audition, I wasn't nervous.  When I started singing however I got the immediate impulse of fear...the memory of the words weren't immediately rushing to me.  I didn't foul up or anything, but I was starting to feel panicked.  It was the first time that during an audition I felt the panic and at the same time, shut it off.  I remember just pushing it away.  Both auditions were a little like that, but I felt good about both of them.
Today, Saturday's callbacks were complete madness.  Peter Sham decided that "Heck (though he probably would not be the person to say 'heck') Why don't we do the callbacks at the same time?"
So it turned into a 'Mrs. Doubtfire' situation as those called back for both shows ran back-n-forth between callbacks.  Transitioning from audition clothes to dance clothes, back to audition clothes....run back to Oz callbacks and try to catch up with the choreography being taught...only to run back 15 mins later...that's what happened to me.
Needless to say, this was hard not only for the callback-ee's but also the Directors casting as they really didn't get to see people read very much, and didn't get to see individuals read with individuals they wanted to see read with.  
So yeah.  Kicks all around.  
School is still school, and this blog that I've been writing will have to be added to in a bit, as I am now about to get off work and will go play.
I'll write more tomorrow or monday.

cheers loves
-ellesse

SONG OF THE WEEK: 'Touch Me I'm going to Scream, pt. 2' by My Morning Jacket

2 comments:

All Arrayed in Spotless White said...

so how did the call backs go? when do you find out now?

Shexpeare said...

Mrs. Doubtfire.
...
...
Somehow when the words escape me, You always know what to say. :)